Thursday 10 May 2012

New Crime Novel takes the Forefront

Like most writers, I have many projects on the go all at once. I have been writing the third book to the Pookey series, In Outer Space for a few months now. Unfortunately, due to a little writers block it has been put on the back burner. My main focus has been on my crime novel "Lost".

I dreamt the story up a while back and that too stayed on the back burner, while I was focused on the Pookey series. However, recently my creative juices have been flowing and "Lost" has come to the forefront. It is aimed at an adult audience and will be the first in a series of books about DCI John Wickers.

 

Brief Description:

When a suspected suicide victim calls for DCI John Wickers with her last dying breath, he is hurled into a world wrapped around mystery and heartache. He tries to unravel the truth to her identity and the lonely life she led, not to unsimilar to his own. A tattered photo of an infant child plaques the DCI's mind. Could this person help identify the body? He takes a personal quest to locate and find the lost child and finds some chilling discoveries along the way.
It is quite frustrating having so many book ideas in my head at one time. That in itself may be a contributing factor to writers block. So, I have made it into a habit of writing my ideas into a notebook. That way I can come back to them at a later date. Since writing "Lost" is coming to me so easily, I am going to stick to solely writing it until it is finished. Which unfortunately means that Pookey The Mousepig In Outer Space will not be available until further notice.

I will keep you all posted about the progress of the next Pookey book.

No comments:

Post a Comment